Haircare is an essential part of your beauty routine. To pamper your hair in the best way, you need to comply with certain guidelines. Today, Wholesale Hair Vendors will be clarifying the question “Can you leave the conditioner in your hair?”
Can you leave the conditioner in your hair?
The answer is yes. But you need to be knowledgeable and very careful in this field. Leaving conditioner on your hair can be harmful to your hair and scalp.
However, if you have healthy hair and are not irritated with any of the ingredients in the conditioner, you can keep them for a short time and away from the scalp.
The allowed time is within 20 minutes. You should only do this once a month, which will give you desirable shiny hair.
After shampooing, you can apply conditioner evenly to 2/3 of the hair (counting from the ends), especially at the ends. Then, you use a cotton towel to incubate for 20 minutes. After that, you need to rinse with water and dry with a towel.
At this time, you should avoid using a dryer because it will make it drier. Absolutely do not leave the conditioner on your hair for too long or leave it overnight.
Why should you not leave the conditioner on your hair for a long time?
In fact, a conditioner is a chemical. If you try to leave the conditioner on your hair for a long time or do it regularly, you will easily receive bad consequences.
- Keeping conditioner on hair for a long time causes product accumulation
- Blocking hair follicles
- Causes hair loss
- Excess conditioner combined with dirt causes inflammation, fungal itching for your scalp
- Make hair lose its strength
- Damage to hair structure
- Causes itching and irritation to the scalp.
How to use the conditioner in the correct way?
Many people think that they should use a lot of conditioners by applying them evenly from the roots to the ends of the hair. This will help the hair absorb more nutrients and become smoother. However, as a consequence, this can make hair weaker, more prone to breakage, or make hair and scalp oily and sticky.
- Squeeze out the water before applying the conditioner. This will make it easier for your hair to absorb the conditioner. You should take a moment to dry your hair for the conditioner to work. When the hair is wet, the conditioner will be washed away immediately. It will not have time to affect the nutrients on the hair.
- Apply conditioner from the ends of your hair (where hair is most damaged ) up to the rest of your hair, avoiding the hair scalp 2 to 3 cm.
- Do not use too much conditioner for 1 time, it will make the hair greasy, split ends, easy to catch dust, causing dandruff, hair quickly dirty.
- However, using too little conditioner will make it difficult to protect the hair from harmful agents.
- It is recommended to keep the conditioner on the hair for about 5 minutes or at most 20 minutes before rinsing it out to let the hair absorb and retain the nutrients.
- Rinse the conditioner with room temperature water to avoid product build-up on the hair and scalp.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I rinse the conditioner with warm or cold water?
We did some research and found that rinsing your hair with moderately warm water is better than rinsing with cold water. The conditioner needs water to release the nutrients it needs to nourish the hair and wash away any residue from the hair. The cold water will not do that job as well as warm water.
Another problem is that if you use cold water for the final rinse, some of the minerals available in the water that does not dissolve in the cold water will stick to the hair. This makes the hair heavy and dry.
2. Because it is good, should I use a lot of amount of conditioner?
It is true to say that conditioner is very important for hair. However, it does not mean that you use more conditioner, the hair will be provided with more nutrients. Not to mention, if you use too much conditioner, you will have a hard time rinsing your hair. Your hair will also be more sticky and greasy than usual.
Therefore, you should only use an appropriate amount for the length and thickness of your hair. Then, you can massage thoroughly your hair so that the conditioner can maximize its use.
3. Should I keep silicone conditioners on my hair?
You should be very careful when using conditioners containing silicones for a long time. The essence of silicone is just to create a covering film, making the hair smoother. However, it has absolutely no effect on nourishing or restoring the hair from deep inside. Silicon is also “suspected” to be the cause of scalp allergies, dandruff, and itchy scalp.
On the other hand, using too much silicone amount or not rinsing properly with water can cause your hair to accumulate a thick layer of wax. In the long run, the wax layer will become heavier, making the hair weaker, prone to breakage and sclerosis. In addition, it is also difficult for the hair to absorb the nutrients from common hair care products.
That’s why hair care experts still encourage you to switch to silicone/paraben-free conditioners. Besides, you should look to natural conditioners to limit damaged hair.
3. Should conditioner be applied to the scalp?
It is wrong to think that applying conditioner should be all over the hair. Conditioner inherently has a thick, moisturizing, and nourishing texture. Hence, if it approaches the scalp, it will be difficult to rinse off. This is easy to cause stickiness.
For a long time, this can cause dandruff and fungus. Therefore, it is important to keep the conditioner at least 2 cm to 3 cm away from the scalp. The roots do not need conditioners because the scalp can produce its own oil.
Thanks to the above knowledge, you have already found the answer to the question “Can you leave the conditioner in your hair”. Take care and cherish your hair properly so that they always look their best. Should you need any assistance, keep us in mind.