A new hair color can instantly revamp your beauty. That explains why people love dyeing their hair. If you are looking for a new way to change and renew yourself, then dyeing your hair is one of the best choices.
But dyeing your hair can take a long time and you wonder “how long does it take to dye your hair?”.
Ivirgo Hair Factory has prepared the perfect answers for you via this article. Let’s read and find out what you need!
How Long Does It Take To Dye Your Hair?
The answer depends on your hair condition and your desired result. It can be 40 minutes for you to complete your hair dyeing process. But for some ammonia-free color tone, it can take you 3 to 4 hours.
Furthermore, there is a huge difference in the time you have to spend between dyeing your hair at the salon and at home. And if you need to bleach your hair before dyeing it, it will be much longer too.
- Hair coloring (permanent or semi-permanent dye): 3 hours or more
- “Hard” dyeing (dyeing the roots, tinting the length, staining, highlighting): 4 hours or more.
- Bleach your hair before dyeing: add 20 to 45 minutes in the total time.
Why Does It Take So Long To Dye Your Hair?
The reason is pretty simple. Because there are many steps to do before dyeing your hair. And it also depends on the condition of your hair.
If you have short hair, then the time you have to spend will be shorter. Also please note that it depends on the process you choose to do too. The single color process will always take less time than the multi-colored process.
Furthermore, no one wants their hair to become super damaged because of dyeing. You need to apply restoring care to your hair while dyeing it too.
There are basic steps you have to go through when you want to dye your hair:
- Step 1: Get a haircut: shampooing, massaging, and styling your hair. It can cost you 60 to 120 minutes for this step.
- Step 2: Applying hair dye: add more time for exposure, shampooing, restoring care.
- Step 3: Dyeing your roots.
With these three main steps, it can take you roughly 4 or 5 hours to get your hair done.
Do not try to push the process. The process is designed for you to have beautiful hair after all.
What To Do Before Dyeing Hair At The Salon?
Many people don’t know that they need to prepare before dyeing their hair. Why? Because dyeing is a very stressful treatment to your hair, you should prepare it properly to protect your hair.
You can follow these tips carefully to prepare before dyeing your hair:
- Remember to moisturize your hair deeply beforehand. It should be moisturized 1 or 2 days before you start dyeing it.
- Do not wash your hair. People think that if they wash their hair, the color will take less time to apply and set on their hair. It’s wrong. DO NOT WASH YOUR HAIR.
- Use a conditioner that is specially made for colored hair.
- Do not use a hairdryer, it will harm your hair pretty quickly. Stop using it for a couple days, or a week.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it safe to dye your hair during pregnancy?
Women always love to make themselves more beautiful. Even if they are pregnant, many of them still want to be beautiful. But as you know, pregnant women should not touch anything that is highly toxic.
Dye color sometimes can be considered as the chemicals with high toxicity. Many people recommend that pregnant women should not dye their hair while having a baby.
But actually, as long as the chemicals in the permanent dyes are not high toxicity. And since the amount is low, it will be okay for pregnant women to dye their hair.
To make this happen, you have to pay attention to the amount of dye you use. Also please note that you have to choose high-quality dye.
2. Can hair color cause headaches to you?
Keep in mind that hair color is also a chemical product. Even if they are very expensive and high-quality, they’re still chemicals.
Even the most expensive one have lots of artificial components that can affect our body when you use it. It means that hair color can cause headaches.
If you are sensitive to any chemicals in hair color’s composition, you should not use it. Even if the strong smell that comes from the dye can cause headaches and dizziness.
3. How often can you dye your hair?
The answer for this question depends on three factors:
- Is your hair virgin or not?
- How damaged is your hair?
- What type of hair dye are you using?
The low-quality dye will cause your hair to be more damaged. If you have dyed your hair before, you should take at least 1-3 months for your hair to rest before dyeing again. If your hair is super damaged, you should probably stop dyeing.
4. Is it safe for you to color your hair at home?
Yes, it is safe and much cheaper for you to dye your hair at home. Remember to pay attention and follow the instructions on the hair dyeing product you bought.
5. What type of hair care should you use to keep your color looking fresh?
You should use a hair care system for color-treated hair to keep your color looking fresh. We recommend L’Oréal Paris Elvive Color Vibrancy Intensive Protecting Shampoo, Conditioner, and Protect Balm. These products can help you repair your dry, damaged, color-treated strands.
Dyeing your hair can be very stressful. It also consumes a large amount of time. But it is one of the best ways to revamp your beauty. We hope to provide the best and most useful information to answer your question “how long does it take to dye your hair”. We hope that you have got your answer here.