In this article, we will learn how to blend gray hair with dark brown hair effectively and usefully at home. Scroll down for more!
How To Blend Grey Hair With Dark Brown Hair?
If you combine gray hair with brown hair, you’ll probably want to know how to do this most simply and effectively at home.
Fortunately, many ideal options promise to give you the best experience. I’ve tested and presented them all here, and let’s explore the details!
If you want to use gray as a background and add strands of different colors to your hair, your best bet is to do gray highlights.
While you can find a professional to help you get the best results, it can be nice and comfortable to style yourself at home.
Gray hair is known to be one of the hardest to color. It has less pigment, so it is more resistant to bleaching than young hair.
Therefore, it often takes a long time for the dye particles to penetrate the hair fiber. That said, time is the first factor you need to prepare.
In addition, you may need to resort to other things, including:
- Application brush
- Nonmetal mixing bowl
- Rattail combo
- Bleaching powder
- 20-vol developer
- Purple toner
- Semi-permanent gray hair dye
- Hair clips
- Hair foils
Steps to follow
Below are detailed instructions on how to do this, specifically as follows:
- First, you need to plan where you want to create gray highlights. Remember that the thickest parts significantly affect framing the whole face, and the rest near the top should be thinner. When the highlights are set close together, the overall hair becomes lighter.
- Next step, mix the mixture in a ratio of one part bleach to two parts bleach and apply to thin curls after separating them with a comb. Once you’ve painted all the necessary parts, carefully wrap each section of hair in foil to prevent the medication from getting into other curls.
- In the next 20 to 30 minutes, you should check the condition of your hair regularly and rinse with water when you see that the color has risen enough to your liking. Bleach quickly leaves stains on your hair, so use blue or purple ink to remove them.
- Finally, wash your hair with color protection shampoo and rinse until the water is clear.
Blend Grays with All
In addition to the highlights method, you can thoroughly blend your gray hair with a dark brown hairstyle. In other words, this is a way to create a dark brown layer that deposits color on the outside of your hair strands.
Similar to making gray highlights, you also need to prepare the necessary tools and chemicals to ensure a smooth blending process:
- Brown demi-permanent hair dye
- Nonmetal mixing bowl
- 6-vol developer
- Hair clips
- Processing cap
Steps to follow
When you have fully prepared the above items, all you need to do to own the blend of gray hair with dark brown hair is to follow the following instructions.
- First, mix the dye and hair growth dye in a 1:1 ratio. Since this mixture is unsafe for the human body, it would be better to wear gloves to carry out the following steps.
- Divide your hair into four sections and secure each section with a pre-prepared hairpin. In sequence, Ivirgo Hair Factory will evenly apply the drug in turn, one by one, from the curl’s bottom to the tip. To ensure the dye reaches each strand of hair, massage it gently or use a dye brush.
- Then, wrap the hair and incubate for about 10-40 minutes. In the end, you need to wash your hair with a color-protecting shampoo and rinse until the water becomes clear.
- Finally, dry and style to enjoy the results.
Things To Consider
You probably already understand or even mastered the steps to blend gray hair with dark brown hair. It’s time to make sure you get the perfect results you want.
Consult with professionals or hairstylists on how to mix and color properly. For example, combining two or more colors will give you a more natural-looking shade, especially if your original hair is brown.
A brown-to-gray blend with yellow or honey accents is ideal if you have warm skin tones. On the contrary, darker colors will suit people with cool skin tones.
Hair Care Instructions After Doing Color Treatment
I’ll give you best practices and do’s and don’ts to keep your hair looking its best.
- Carefully read the instructions and notes on the bleach and hair dye packaging before using
- While waiting for the parts from the drug to penetrate the hair shaft, cover the hair with a unique cap or foil
- Incubate the hair for the right time so that the hair can absorb most of the dye
- Use specialized hair care products for color-treated hair
- Dry your hair as naturally as possible
- Don’t sleep with wet hair
- Limit styling at high temperatures
- Rub the medicine evenly into your hair
- Do not proceed with dyeing for severely damaged hair types
- Do not mix hair products from different brands
- Wash your hair often
- Use chemical styling products
- Use chlorine for dyed hair
Blending is the perfect choice if you have gray hair and want to turn it into dark brown hair to refresh your look.
It is one of the best techniques that give you an on-trend hairstyle while ensuring a natural and stylish look.
Hopefully, through this article, you will know how to blend gray hair with dark brown hair effectively and quickly.
Thank you for reading!