A hair with a special color will make a strong impression on everyone. Dark gray can be a good choice. It is the hair color that attracts a lot of attention from young people. However, the use of bleach to have a lighter hair color is a matter of concern. Is it possible to dye hair grey without bleach? Let’s find the answer through our sharing in this article!
Is It Possible to Dye Hair Grey Without Bleach?
You can dye your hair dark gray without bleach. There are several ways to help you change your hair color naturally.
Dark gray hair is one of the prominent trends that many people pursue. However, gray hair will cause many people to be concerned about having to use bleach.
In fact, you can completely catch up with this trend without bleaching your hair. With a number of methods and products that work on your hair, your hair will turn dark gray naturally.
The process of dyeing hair without bleach is quite time consuming. You need to have patience in the process. For naturally black hair, this process can be longer and more difficult. Due to the excessive black pigment in the hair, it takes time to remove them.
People with lighter hair color will quickly see the hair color effect. With this dark gray, their hair will easily transform and see color without the need for strong dyes.
How to dye hair dark gray without bleach?
You can use many ways to dye hair dark gray without bleach. Here are some effective methods that are safe for you:
- Using dyes
- Use honey
- Use lemon juice
- Use hairspray
One thing for sure when you want to own light-colored hair is bleaching your hair. You must have bright white hair before dyeing your hair. Because most light colors can’t appear properly on a dark background.
If you have light-colored hair available, dyeing your dark gray hair will be much simpler. A bottle of dark gray dye can also help you dye your hair at home. So light-colored hair is easy for other colors to show up.
However, for people with naturally black hair, it won’t be easy to dye light hair. Most of them will have to use bleach. However, some colors will be an exception for us. Dark gray is a prime example.
You can own a dark gray without bleach. To know the steps in each method, follow our next sharing!
1. Using dyes
This method will only work for people with lighter hair colors. It includes light brown, yellow and dark yellow. These hair types do not have too much black pigment in the hair. Therefore, just the substances in the dye are enough to dye the hair.
You wash your hair, blow-dry it 80 percent, and start applying dark gray dye to your hair. You should divide your hair into different small sections and then apply the dye. The staining effect will be higher than normal.
After applying the dye, let it rest for 20-30 minutes, depending on the dye’s instructions. All you have to do is wash your hair as usual.
Most dyes are semi-permanent or temporary. So they can’t stay on your hair for a long time, especially if you don’t bleach your hair.
Hair color will fade after shampooing because the shampoo will wash away all the pigment. You might consider using shampoo for dyed hair. Or reapply the dye when the gray color fades.
However, hair dye contains many ingredients that cause dryness and frizz for the hair. Using them repeatedly on the hair will leave many bad consequences. Your hair will become increasingly dry or brittle.
2. Use honey
If you do not have lighter hair color, you can follow this method. It is suitable for all hair types. And the ingredients to make this process are also very easy to find.
Needless to say, honey is a portion of all too familiar food. Not only cooking, now it can help you to dye your hair dark gray.
The process is quite simple:
- Add distilled vinegar, sugar, and honey in a ratio of 2:1:1. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and mix well.
- Wash your hair and apply the mixture to your hair. You should remove some water from your hair but do not blow-dry it.
- Use a comb to apply the mixture to your hair evenly. You should divide your hair into sections and then apply them in turn. This will give better results.
- You need to wear a shower cap or wrap a towel over your hair and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair with water.
- You are not be able to see visible results the first time. You need to repeat this process several times.
- Natural hair bleaching is a very difficult job. Therefore, if you want to have impressive dark gray hair, you need to have patience and effort.
- Repeat the process the next time.
3. Use lemon juice
Lemon juice contains a lot of acids, so it has a strong cleaning and corrosive ability. In addition, the weak oxidants present in it can reduce the hair pigment present in the hair.
Thanks to those special abilities, black hair can turn into blonde hair after a while.
The process is also not difficult:
- First, get the lemon juice from fresh lemons. Take more or less depends on the length and thickness of your hair.
- Mix lemon juice with water into a solution in a ratio of 2:1, 2 lemon juice and 1 water.
- Then pour the solution into a spray bottle, evenly spray it on your hair.
- Use a comb to apply the solution evenly to the hair. If you want a part of your hair to be lighter, focus on applying the solution on it.
- If it’s sunny outside, go out in the sun to dry your hair. If you do it at night and on a sunny day. You can use a hair dryer. Blow dry your hair or put it in the sun for 20-30 minutes.
- Next, rinse your hair with conditioner.
- Repeat this every few days. Maybe twice a week. Of course, any natural hair bleaching method requires patience.
After a while, you will have lighter-colored hair. Now you need to use dark gray dye to have great gray hair.
However, your hair may become dry and frizzy if you use this method continuously. You should do it 2 times a week is best!
4. Use hairspray
If you want to have dark gray hair in a short time, hairspray is not a bad choice. This is a method to help you have the desired gray hair color without bleaching your hair.
You should use gray hairspray when your hair is completely dry. The spray will not stick on wet hair. In the process of spraying on the hair, they can shoot out in many places around. You should have something to protect the clothes.
Although this method is very quick to perform, it does not last long. Hair color will disappear as soon as you wash your hair. Although the color is diverse, its ability to stick to hair is poor.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why shouldn’t bleach be used?
Hair bleach contains a lot of powerful bleach that helps open the hair cuticle and remove pigment in the hair. These substances are all toxic and harmful to humans.
When you bleach your hair, you will feel a burning pain if the bleach gets on your scalp. After a while, your scalp can become dry and flaky. In some cases, worse is scalp irritation. So it is best not to use hair bleach. It affects your hair and health.
2. What do I have to do to take care of my dark gray hair?
To keep your hair color longer, you can limit washing your hair with water. Dry shampooing can be a great option.
In addition, you should use specialized shampoos for colored hair, avoid using heat styling tools. Regular hair care also helps to strengthen the hair and keep the color well!
3. Will dyeing hair many times cause damage?
The essence of the hair dyeing process is to remove the good natural colors in the hair and replace them with another pigment. In the process of removing pigment, the hair will become dry and damaged. These injuries are difficult to repair.
You can often condition your hair if you dye it. It will partially support your hair to be stronger.
Summing it Up
Owning dark gray hair will make you new, personal and special. If you want to have this hair color but are still confused about using bleach when dyeing your hair. Don’t hesitate anymore, you can have beautiful dark gray hair without bleach!
Hope through our sharing about some ways to dye hair dark gray without bleach. You will have an amazing dark gray hair machine!
1.“How to Dye Hair Dark Grey Without Bleach?”, cosmetize.com, February 1, 2021.