Are you looking to add some drama and length to your look with flat tip hair extensions? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Installing a high quality set of flat tip hair extensions can be an easy and rewarding process when done properly – and we want to ensure that happens!
With this blog post, you’ll get step-by-step instructions for installing both prebonded and tape in hair extensions. You’ll also learn about other helpful tools, such as heat protectant spray or professional brushes designed specifically for extensions.
Whether you’re a novice stylist or experienced hairstylist looking for tips on how to install flat tip hair extensions on your clientele – we have all the information ready for you today. Read on!
Before we get started, make sure you have the right tools and products for installing flat tip hair extensions.
• Hair Extensions
• Heat Protectant Spray
• Professional Brushes Designed Specifically for Extensions
• Super Glue or Tape (for Prebonded & Tape In Hair Extensions)
• Hair Ties
Once you have all the necessary materials, you can move on to preparing your hair for the installation process. Make sure to shampoo and condition your hair before adding your extensions. Properly detangle and then dry and straighten it with a flat iron or curling wand, if desired.
Now that your natural hair is prepped, you’re ready to begin installing!
Installing Flat Tip Hair Extensions
Installing prebonded flat tip hair extensions is a fairly straightforward process. First, separate small sections of your natural hair and clip them aside. Then use the special glue or tape that comes with the extensions to attach them near the root of each section. Once this is done, brush your hair down to blend the extensions with your natural hair.
For tape in flat tip hair extensions, start by sectioning off a small strand of your natural hair. Apply the appropriate amount of adhesive tape to both sections and press them together firmly for 10-15 seconds. Then use a rattail comb or tail comb to blend the two sections together. Repeat this process until all of your extensions are securely in place. And that’s it!
Aftercare for Flat Tip Hair Extensions
Now that your extensions are installed, you’ll want to make sure they stay looking great. Make sure to brush through them regularly with a paddle brush and use a heat protectant spray before using heated styling tools. Additionally, try not to pull or tug on the extensions too much as this can lead to breakage or shedding.
Follow these instructions and you’ll be able to enjoy your new look with flat tip hair extensions for weeks on end! With proper care and maintenance, you can even re-use them multiple times. So go ahead and add some drama and length to your look – we promise it’ll be worth it!
Removal of Flat Tip Hair Extensions
If you’re ready to remove your flat tip hair extensions, don’t worry because it is a fairly easy process. For prebonded hair extensions, simply begin at the roots and gently pull them off your natural hair. You may need to use some oil or conditioner to help loosen the bond and make removal easier.
For tape in extensions, start by sectioning the hair into small pieces and carefully peeling the tapes off one by one. Then brush through each of these sections until all of the glue is gone. Finally, give your natural hair an extra conditioning treatment so that it looks healthy and revived after removing the extensions.
And there you have it! Now that you know how to install, maintain and remove flat tip hair extensions, you can enjoy all the benefits they have to offer. Get creative and play around with different colors, lengths or textures – it’s a great way to switch up your look without making any drastic changes!
Tips and Tricks
How to make your hair extensions last longer?
There are a few simple tricks you can use to make sure your hair extensions stay in top shape for longer.
• Avoid using hot styling tools on the extensions and opt for heatless styles instead. Heat will damage the hair fibers, making them brittle and lifeless.
• Make sure to moisturize your hair extensions regularly with a light-weight leave-in treatment or oil. This will help protect the strands from becoming dry and frizzy over time.
• Regularly brush or comb through your flat tip hair extensions after every use, this will help keep them tangle free and looking their best!
How to blend your hair extensions with your natural hair?
Blending your hair extensions with your natural hair will allow them to look more seamless and natural. To achieve this:
• Use a root smudging technique to help the extensions better melt into your hair. Use the extension color that most closely matches your natural roots, then use a brush or comb to soften the transition from dark to light.
• To add dimension, try adding highlights or lowlights around the face for a multi-dimensional effect (think beachy waves). This will help make sure any visible lines between your own locks and the extensions become less noticeable.
• If you’re going for an ombre look – opt for lighter colored ends and progressively darker tips near the scalp. This will create a smooth transition and give your hair a natural-looking effect.
Common mistakes to avoid
When installing flat tip hair extensions, there are a few common mistakes to avoid in order to achieve the best results.
• Don’t rush! Take your time measuring and cutting your own hair prior to installation – this will help ensure everything looks even and precise after you’re done styling.
• Avoid pulling on the extensions too hard when attaching them – this can cause damage and breakage over time.
• If you’re unsure of what color blend would look best for your natural hair, consult with a professional stylist or extension specialist before committing to any final decisions. This will help save you from potential costly mistakes in the future!
After reading this article, you now have a better understanding of how to properly install flat tip hair extensions. We hope that this has given you the confidence and information needed to confidently choose and install flat tip hair extensions.
Aside from providing bigger, thicker looking hair, flat tip hair extensions also give great life-style flexibility as they are lightweight and easy to manage. Flat tip hair extensions are the perfect choice for anyone wanting to add a little something extra to their look in an instant. Check out our in-depth selection of high quality remy human hair flat tip bundles now at www.wholesalehairvendors.com.
I am Thomas Taw, the CEO of CITIZENSNIPS. I have experience in hair product development and chemical research, as well as sustainable resource engineering. In 2009, I co-created Sunsilk, one of the world's leading haircare brands. More recently, I was the CEO of SMOKINGPANDA LTD. I am a professional with a strong track record in delivering tangible results. Full his bio.