Are you tired of your natural hair color and looking for a fun and exciting change? Dyeing your hair an unnatural color can be the perfect solution to spice up your look. There are so many colors to choose from, but how do you know which one is right for you? This quiz will help you determine what unnatural color you should dye your hair based on your personality and preferences.
Who Can Take This Quiz?
This quiz is perfect for anyone who is thinking about dyeing their hair an unnatural color but isn’t sure which shade to choose. Whether you’re a first-time hair dyer or someone who has experimented with different colors before, this quiz will help guide you in the right direction.
What Is This Quiz About?
This quiz is designed to help you figure out what unnatural hair color would suit you best. It consists of a series of questions about your personality, style, and hair preferences. Based on your answers, you will be matched with a hair color that fits your unique characteristics.
When Should You Take This Quiz?
You can take this quiz anytime you’re feeling adventurous and want to try something new with your hair. Whether you’re planning to dye your hair at home or get it done professionally, taking this quiz beforehand can help ensure that you end up with a color that you love.
How To Take This Quiz:
To take this quiz, simply answer the following questions to the best of your ability. Choose the option that best describes you or that you feel most drawn to. At the end of the quiz, you’ll receive your hair color match along with some tips on how to achieve the look.
Pros And Cons Of Dyeing Your Hair An Unnatural Color
Dyeing your hair an unnatural color can be a fun and exciting way to express yourself and switch up your look. However, there are also some potential downsides to consider before taking the plunge.
- A new hair color can boost your confidence and make you feel like a whole new person.
- Unnatural hair colors can be a great way to express your personality and individuality.
- Bright or unusual hair colors can be eye-catching and attention-grabbing in a positive way.
- Dyeing your hair can be a fun and creative DIY project or a chance to visit a professional stylist.
- Some employers or schools may have policies against brightly colored hair.
- Certain hair dyes can be damaging to your hair if not applied or maintained properly.
- Unnatural hair colors may require more frequent touch-ups or maintenance than natural hair colors.
- If you decide you don’t like your new hair color, it can be difficult to remove or cover up.
Alternatives To Dyeing Your Hair An Unnatural Color
If you’re not ready to commit to an unnatural hair color just yet, there are still plenty of other ways to switch up your look.
- Try a temporary hair dye or color spray that washes out after a few shampoos.
- Experiment with different hairstyles or hair accessories to add some variety to your look.
- Consider getting a bold haircut or adding some highlights or lowlights to your natural hair color for a subtle change.
Step By Step Guide: How To Dye Your Hair An Unnatural Color
If you’ve decided that you want to dye your hair an unnatural color, here’s a step-by-step guide to help you achieve the perfect shade.
Step 1: Choose Your ColorBefore you start dyeing your hair, you need to choose the right color for you. Take our quiz to find out which unnatural hair color would suit you best.
Step 2: Gather Your SuppliesYou’ll need the following supplies to dye your hair an unnatural color:
- Hair dye in your chosen shade
- Developer (if required by the hair dye)
- Mixing bowl and brush
- Hair clips
- Petroleum jelly or barrier cream
- Old towels or a cape to protect your clothes
Step 3: Prep Your HairMake sure your hair is clean and dry before you start dyeing it. Apply petroleum jelly or barrier cream around your hairline and ears to prevent staining.
Step 4: Mix Your DyeFollow the instructions on your hair dye kit to mix the dye and developer together in your mixing bowl.
Step 5: Apply The DyeDivide your hair into sections using your hair clips. Starting at the roots, apply the hair dye evenly to each section using your brush. Make sure to saturate your hair completely with the dye.
Step 6: WaitFollow the instructions on your hair dye kit to determine how long you need to leave the dye on your hair. Set a timer and wait patiently.
Step 7: Rinse And StyleAfter the appropriate amount of time has passed, rinse your hair thoroughlywith cold water until the water runs clear. Apply conditioner and style your hair as desired.
How To Compare Different Unnatural Hair Colors
If you’re still not sure which unnatural hair color to choose, here are some tips for comparing different shades:
- Look at pictures of people with similar skin tones and eye colors to yours who have dyed their hair the color you’re considering.
- Consider how the color will complement your wardrobe and personal style.
- Think about any maintenance or touch-ups required for each color.
- Consider any potential career or lifestyle limitations that may come with certain hair colors.
Tips For Maintaining Your Unnatural Hair Color
Once you’ve dyed your hair an unnatural color, it’s important to take steps to maintain the vibrancy and health of your hair. Here are some tips to help you keep your color looking great:
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to prevent fading.
- Wash your hair in cold water to help preserve the color.
- Avoid using heat styling tools whenever possible, as they can cause damage and fade the color.
- Protect your hair from the sun and chlorine by wearing a hat or using a leave-in conditioner.
The Best Unnatural Hair Colors To Try
There are so many beautiful and unique unnatural hair colors to choose from. Here are some of our favorite shades for inspiration:
- Pastel Pink: A soft and feminine shade that looks especially stunning on those with fair skin.
- Electric Blue: A bold and edgy color that is sure to turn heads.
- Lavender: A dreamy and ethereal shade that works well on both warm and cool skin tones.
- Fire Engine Red: A fiery and intense color that adds a dramatic pop of color to any look.
- Emerald Green: A rich and vibrant hue that complements earthy skin tones.
Dyeing your hair an unnatural color can be a fun and exciting way to express your individuality and switch up your look. By taking our quiz and following our tips for choosing, dyeing, and maintaining your hair color, you can find the perfect shade that suits your personality and style.
I am Thomas Taw, the CEO of CITIZENSNIPS. I have experience in hair product development and chemical research, as well as sustainable resource engineering. In 2009, I co-created Sunsilk, one of the world's leading haircare brands. More recently, I was the CEO of SMOKINGPANDA LTD. I am a professional with a strong track record in delivering tangible results.